WHEN: Sunday, January 07 from 10:00am – 12:00pm
WHERE: 710 N. Heliotrope Dr, Los Angeles, 90029
DETAILS: Happy New Queers! Let’s start 2018 off right with coffee, delicious donuts and our incredible community. This is a chance to make new friends and build new bonds in a casual and safer space we’ve built just for you!
We’ll have a New Year’s Resolution/Revolution Station so you can write down and share your goals and hopes for the coming year and we’ll display them in the shop for the month of January.
Come a little early and watch Virginia fry up the donuts in clarified buttery goodness and stay late for great conversations. Don’t worry: we have vegan and gluten free donuts from Erin McKenna, too. We’ll also have coffee, tea and espresso drinks along with cold brew and iced tea. $1 cups of coffee for the community from 10am – 2pm.
A few things to remember:
1. Queers and allies are welcome. LGBTQIA+
2. All ages are welcome. There will be minors present so please be mindful of the impact of your speech and actions on new members of the queer community.
3. Dress in whatever helps you feel your best
4. Don’t assume people’s pronouns: ask.
5. We are a consent positive space. Only touch others with their express permission and please ask before you take someone’s picture. We encourage flirting and consensual cruising at our events. All laws regarding minors and their interactions with non-minors apply in this space.
6. Substances – Please smoke on the sidewalk outside away from the building. This includes cigarettes, pipes and vaporizors. Being altered is no excuse for not being on your best behavior. Many community members are in recovery or choose not to imbibe so let’s be respectful of that.
7. This is a hate-speech free zone. Mircoaggressions aren’t cool either. We celebrate all bodies in this space so please no body shaming of oneself or others.
8. Transportation Info – Plenty of street and metered parking. The nearest metro stops are the Vermont/Beverly and Vermont/Santa Monica Red Line. The nearest buses are the 10/48, the 204 and the 754
9. Accessibility – Our shop is accessible including a single stall ADA compliant and all gender restroom. Service and emotional support animals are always welcome.
If you have any questions or concerns before, during or after the event don’t hesitate to find Iris or Virginia in person, text 323-200-9059, or email email@example.com.
Want to find out about more events like this one? Like our facebook page “Hi Cuties” http://bit.ly/26kY1Zc and subscribe to our newsletter for a weekly roundup and get access to our monthly event calendar at hicuties.com.